[lbo-talk] RE: Israelis leave

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Sat Nov 22 10:51:34 PST 2003

Chris wrote: "There used to be a Soviet joke about a Jewish father warning his son against emigrating to Israel: "Remember, son, here you are just a Jew; there you will be just a Russian.""

Good one!

"I used to work with a returnee to Russia from Israel, a very friendly beer-swilling computer programmer. He was fond of justifying Israel treatment of Palestinians by saying that "Arabs are like Chechens," meaning you can't reason with them."

I wonder what this reasoning would look like: "we'll take Palestine, and the Palestinians can go fuck themselves." Oh, wait, I forgot; there are no Palestinians.

Joanna