[lbo-talk] Percentage of U.S. labor force unionized

Kenneth Campbell kkc at sympatico.ca
Sat Nov 22 20:16:07 PST 2003

Stephen Philion wrote:

(At least I think he did, it's hard to follow the style of quoting and responding.)

>Speaking of the unionized labor force, the AFL-CIO's web
>site recently posted a news release which referred to the
>AFL-CIO's support for the National Endowment for Democracy.
>According to William Blum's Rogue State book:
>
>---and thomas moorer or april oliver or john singlaub would
>recommend that that problem be resolved in what manner? or
>lyndon larouche?

I don't know some of those people, I assume it's another inter-American thing you are talking about.

But I think the point is in the phrase "recommend that that problem be resolved in what manner?"

Exactly.

Every time I read or hear union bashing, I wonder at the intent. If it's to reform the union, and thus done with good intentions, sounds okay to me. But if it's to condemn the union itself, then it's just more right-wing rhetoric.

I read the original post about the CIA and unions and really paused to wonder at the writer's intent. Unions invest in all kinds of things independent of membership. So fucking what?

Ken.

-- We're in the field of pathology ... we get the sick laws, we don't get the good and clear laws.

-- Antonio Lamer