[lbo-talk] Alert

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 24 09:43:40 PST 2003

Doug wrote:

This is an instance where the old maxim applies, an injury to one is an injury to all. As repulsive as ANSWER can be, the FBI doesn't make fine distinctions between Them and Us.

Right, this is quite serious.

The police and intelligence agencies, outfitted with newly expanded, broad yet poorly defined powers can and will make life quite miserable for everyone who says or does anything considered *suspicious* within their field of vision.

Surely, no one thought all that rounding up and harrassment we saw following 9-11, directed initially against vulnerable groups such as immigrants would stay contained to these unfortunates or simply lose steam? Paranoia and demands from DOJ for ever more leverage are in the air we breathe now.

So, ANSWER's deep and abiding foolishness notwithstanding, attention must be paid and legal challenges supported.

DRM