[lbo-talk] Re: Democratic Co-creators of Growing Inequalities in America...

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Nov 24 10:08:31 PST 2003

Alas for the CEOs, Clinton raised their taxes, for which they never forgave them. Bush, however, cut their taxes - thus the shower of campaign donations.

A few years ago, Ron Blackwelll told the story of meeting with some Fortune 500 CEOs. He said something like: "I don't get it. Profits are way up, the stock market is way up, yet you still hate Clinton. Why?" Their answer: "He raised our taxes."

Doug

----