[lbo-talk] Re: Sex and the City

Liza Featherstone lfeather32 at erols.com
Mon Nov 24 14:33:53 PST 2003

I can never resist that show once I start watching. Carrie is delightful and the shoes are always splendid. And as a freelance writer, I relish the fantasy that somebody like Carrie could actually *afford* those shoes! I also like its ambivalent celebration of the urban, somewhat unconventional life -- and however superficial, its consideration of what it takes for people to live even slightly outside the mainstream. Yet I'm always disappointed by Sex in the City. Mostly because the storylines are clever enough that I always want the writing to be better! Plus, I hate that damned voiceover.

Liza