[lbo-talk] Re: Sex and the City

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Nov 24 13:12:15 PST 2003

joanna bujes wrote:

> I have no idea why it's a big deal in other countries. I have an
> obligatory dinner with my mom every Sunday, and we (my sister, my mom
> and I) wind up watching it afterwards. So far as I'm concerned,
> it's like eating potatoe chips--nutrition, 0, but addictive.
> I guess it's mostly interesting for the fashion show. I agree
> that the characters are vapid and the zeitgeist, obscene.
> I suppose all the women talking about sex and having a different
> partner every other show is interesting to some.
> Joanna

I'm a guy who watches the show when I can get access to HBO.

The main reason I watch it is because the character of Carrie is to die for. ;-)

<< Chuck0 >>

Homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Monumental Mistake (blog)-> http://chuck.mahost.org/weblog/index.php Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Infoshop Portal -> http://portal.infoshop.org/ Infoshop Science -> http://science.infoshop.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)