[lbo-talk] Radical Left Critique Of Nation Article

dave dorkin ddorkin1 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 26 08:02:31 PST 2003

> Thanks. Sadly much of the left media isn't about
> analyzing or informing, but about moralizing and
exhorting.My host in SF, Joel Schalit, told me that he was looking through the program of the European Social Forum and found lots of sessions to be about serious thinking. We don't do much of that here, I'm sorry to say. Doug

Which left media do you have in mind here and is there some other place you had in mind? I think there is arguably more of the kind of analysis you are thinking of in the US than there is in any European or South American country for example. There is no mass movement or daily paper as an outlet but there are many more journals. There is nothing remotely like Challenge anywhere else for example or the work that Dean Baker does every week.