[lbo-talk] RE: Master and Commander/Love, Actually

npchilds at shaw.ca npchilds at shaw.ca
Wed Nov 26 15:23:10 PST 2003

>I agree with you on Crowe, but not as Flashman: that'd be Alan Rickman (as
>the older Flashy -- I don't know who could do the young one). Your
>Flashman site is excellent BTW. --CGE

None, and I mean none, of these guys hold a candle to Lord Flashheart of ‘Blackadder’ series II and IV, to whit;

‘Is that a canoe in my pants or am just I glad to see ya?’ ‘She’s got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a MAN’S tonsils!’ ‘Chocks away, flaps up, last one back’s a homo!’.

No other series lampooned pivotal aspects of British culture (militarism, homophobia, class, sexual repression) so well.

PC

N P Childs

'I'm Mister Bad Example, the stranger in the dirt, I like to have a good time and I don't care who gets hurt'.

-Mr. Bad Example, W Zevon