[lbo-talk] tech jobs abound - in India

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Oct 2 23:09:10 PDT 2003

Gar Lipow wrote:

> ON Thu, 02 Oct 2003 19:28:51 Chuck0 <chuck at mutualaid.org> wrote
>
>> Perhaps Wojtek can drink a toast to my situation. I've been out of
>> work for 2 1/2 years, got myself evicted, and had to move halfway
>> across the country to live with my parents.
>

> And Wojtek can drink to mine too. Like you out of work for 2+ years. I
> moved in with my Mom a couple of months ago while I still had some
> slight savings left. I even have some sexy experience - which gets me
> rejected a lot on grounds I'm "overqualified".
> Boy, as a tech workers you and I must really deserves this.

Yeah, I deserve this for playing along with the American system for most of my adult life. I went to college, then grad school and tried to have a professional career as a librarian. I worked, paid the rent, and made payment on my student loans.

No more. I've gotten off that merry-go-round.

Living the parents is pretty interesting. It's really depressing whenever evidence of my activism collides with my mom, who can be counted on to say: "Will that prevent you from getting a job?" I was showing my sister a copy of "Revolting Librarians, Redux" which contains my first article to appear in the pages of a book. After I explaiend what the book was to my mother, she immediately replied with the above stock phrase.

<< Chuck0 >>