[lbo-talk] hitch forgot to mention the spat on soldiers myth!

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sat Oct 4 09:59:19 PDT 2003

> --hitch forgot to throw in references to the myth of the spat upon
> soldiers returning home from broken wars...he shoulda said something
> like, "let's not be like the hippies who spat on the Vietnam
> vets!"...that woulda really won the crowd to his appeal...When hitch
> starts mentioning spat upon soldiers...then he'll have completed his
> transition to lunacy...
>
> steve

If he does that, then he'll truly have gone 'round the bend, because just about a year ago I did some research for him on the Spat-Upon Myth, which he was gonna use to rebut Martin Amis's apparent belief in the Myth. Don't know if he used it, but if he refutes the facts that he once acknowledged, then . . .

DP