[lbo-talk] dixor

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Tue Oct 7 11:42:19 PDT 2003

From: Kelley

i think you have to back up and ask if it's even accurate to say that Foucault said that homosexual identity is a product of capitlism.

^^^^^ CB: OK, or the other scholars cited in the recent Supreme Court opinion. I believe Foucault historicized/socially constructed sexual identity, if not in the correspondence between "homo/het" and capital, some sort of historicizing. I don't know where my copy of that book is.

IIRC--sorry, books are in boxes--this isn't what he or any other foucauldian theorists of sexuality are saying anyway.