[lbo-talk] crazy?

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Oct 8 06:21:11 PDT 2003

> Won't happen, thanks to the Constitution. Ah-nald wasn't born here,
and
> unless there's a major Constitutional change, he can't be prez.

Not for very long -last time I heard the Repugs are trying to amend the so called "constitution" to change that.

BTW - I really start appreciating what the Repugs are doing, in a sort of ironic way as I have a certain admiration for the Islamist fighters. To be sure I detest their ideology and most of what they stand for, but I am impressed by the way they get it. The Islamists do it by sacrificing their own life for the "cause" which in itself is and admirable trait in human behavior. The Repugs see the fundamental stupidity of the 70% or of the US population and turn that stupidity to their own gain. Again the ability to turn feeblemindedness, and naïvete to a strength is an admirable human ability in itself, a Midas touch that turns shit into gold, if you will. OTOH, no one ever lost money by betting on human stupidity in America, so the Repugs are merely relying on a proven technology.

Yours in disgust.

Wojtek