[lbo-talk] crazy?

R rhisiart at charter.net
Wed Oct 8 11:12:52 PDT 2003

----- Original Message ----- From: Dennis Perrin To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2003 10:40 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] crazy?

> this change is in the works, DP. hatch of utah already has his
> "schwarzenegger bill" as it's called in congress -- an amendment to the
> constitution -- primed and ready to go. with a congressional majority of
> repubs, thanks to the democrat melt down in the off year election, and a
> republican "president," this bill has a good chance of passing and being
> signed. it will need to be ratified by the states; but does anyone think
> this will be a problem given the way public opinion in the US in
manipulated
> and the mood of voters?

Yes, so I've read. Dunno how I feel about this. I mean, would it be solely a boon for the right? It may open up things to a degree that Hatch and his ilk do not anticipate. Bring Lula here, teach him to speak reasonable English (at least on Arnie's level), and run him for state office in Cali. In fact, why not globalize our electoral system all the way to the White House?

DP

all good ideas. although current immigration restrictions based on politics would keep lula out of the country.

it will likely be solely a boon for the right because there's no viable left in the USA. and the consistently right leaning, moribund democrats are too politically incompetent and constipated to make use of it. i'm sure the repugs know this and are, as usual, way ahead of the opposition.