[lbo-talk] crazy? No, actually.

mike larkin mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 8 13:53:54 PDT 2003

-- andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Boddi's right. The Gopsters took 61.9% of the vote,
> if
> you count McClintock. Now, I don't believe for a
> minute that Calif is being Southernized. A lot of
> Arnie's supporters are people who thought it would
> be
> cool to have the Terminator for Gov, or who were
> just
> disgusted with Davis. But the fact of the matter is
> that this is a wake up cry that the Dems are (as
> usual) not going to hear. What they will hear is, We
> Have Not Been Right Wing Enough! We Have Not Yet
> Begun
> To Sell Out! Just you wait. jks

It also shows the tremendous ideological and organizational cohesion of the GOP, which is the closest thing this country has ever seen to a disciplined revolutionary party. On the issues, most Americans don't support the GOP agenda, but it doesn't matter since the Republicans have such an effective vanguard cadre. Krugman is right: we truly f*cked.