RES: [lbo-talk] GM soy in Brazil

Alexandre Fenelon afenelon at zaz.com.br
Wed Oct 8 16:31:23 PDT 2003

-----Mensagem original----- De: lbo-talk-admin at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-admin at lbo-talk.org]Em nome de chris daniels Enviada em: quarta-feira, 8 de outubro de 2003 08:38 Para: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Assunto: RE: [lbo-talk] GM soy in Brazil

someone asked a few days ago about GM food in brazil - it a very big issue in brazil

nobody wants it except big biz

patent-owners want to charge royalties

agribusiness is dead set on fucking over poor farmers everywhere

whether or not GM food is harmful is not the point: the point is that there is absolutely no need for GM food at all when grain rots in silos all over the world

i looked around, found something, and sent it in - i feel like apologizing for being presumptious

unfortunately, my sister died of AIDS a few years ago - you couldn't have known this

did you hear that monsanto was just bought by GE?

we do what we can

goodbye

-You´re absolutely right. The main point of GM is that 1-They are not necessary to eliminate hunger around the world 2-They will make third world farmers even more dependent on foreign enterprises. -I think we shouldn´t recognize intellectual propert rights over -therapeutic drugs and living organisms. -I would favor GM if it was a public domain technology. Otherwise -we live better withouth them.