[lbo-talk] radio Henwood & Levy

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Oct 10 07:40:01 PDT 2003

dave dorkin wrote:

>Do you think he
>suffers from lack of exposure? Are there no more
>interesting people to have on than BHL? What about all
>the Monde Diplomatique crew like Ignacio Ramonet or
>Serge Halimi etc? Or people from the Manifesto in
>Italy and so on...

Heavens, I spend most of my radio life trying to expose the underexposed - academics, thinktankers, journalists, etc., who get little attention from any broadcast media. Take a look at the guestlist at <http://www.leftbusinessobserver.com/Radio.html> and tell me if it displays a weakness for stars with extravagant hair. This is just the sort of purism that makes the American left (oh, right, Carrol Cox says that doesn't exist) so alienating and marginal. The hell with that.

Doug