[lbo-talk] radio Henwood & Levy

mike larkin mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 10 07:58:35 PDT 2003

> dave dorkin wrote:
>
> >Do you think he
> >suffers from lack of exposure? Are there no more
> >interesting people to have on than BHL? What about
> all
> >the Monde Diplomatique crew like Ignacio Ramonet or
> >Serge Halimi etc? Or people from the Manifesto in
> >Italy and so on...
>
> Heavens, I spend most of my radio life trying to
> expose the
> underexposed - academics, thinktankers, journalists,
> etc., who get
> little attention from any broadcast media. Take a
> look at the
> guestlist at
> <http://www.leftbusinessobserver.com/Radio.html> and
>
> tell me if it displays a weakness for stars with
> extravagant hair.
> This is just the sort of purism that makes the
> American left (oh,
> right, Carrol Cox says that doesn't exist) so
> alienating and
> marginal. The hell with that.
>
> Doug

Don't think you even need to defend yourself against this type of Bonkerism. I'd love to hear more (civil) interviews with the Enemy, since it's mostly just screaming and ranting between us and Them (I'm a big offender myself).

Fisk made the point a while back that there was virtually no real dialogue between prowars and antiwar activists, and that this was detrimental to the peace movement.