[lbo-talk] radio Henwood & Levy

dave dorkin ddorkin1 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 10 11:09:17 PDT 2003

Uh, since it isnt Europe, why not make known some reliable Europeans to whom Americans might turn with confidence for useful and careful analysis in general both now and in the future, unlike Levy. And if he isnt well known here, why do your bit to make him so when there are other more reliable sources?

I will listen to the show as I always do when it is archived. I imagine he's clever enough to know how avoid saying certain things and position himself on a left show in the US. That was never the point. The point is, he is a hack whose legitimacy and publicity will be put to counter productive uses for the left over the course of his career. There are many people who are more reliable, who seem to be invisible in the US and to whom one can turn in the future with relative confidence unlike Levy.

As for what he says, I will listen to the show but saying there should be a Palestinian state without a follow up question clarifiying whether it is a position like that expressed in his article where he states that the Palestinians rejected a full feldged offer in 2000 doesnt mean much to me. He's for a state but under what conditions and why should anyone in the US care that BHL "graciously" thinks Palestinians should have a state? On the Iraq war, he has said "I haven’t changed my mind about this since I said in February that the war is “morally right but politically wrong.”

> Uh, this isn't Europe. BHL is a ubiquitous media
> figure in France; here, almost no one knows who he
is. And what exactly do you object to in what he had to say in the interview (which, though you probably haven't heard, no doubt object to)?