RES: RES: [lbo-talk] Henwood: Collapse in Cancun

Alexandre Fenelon afenelon at zaz.com.br
Sat Oct 11 11:34:44 PDT 2003

-----Mensagem original----- De: lbo-talk-admin at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-admin at lbo-talk.org]Em nome de Doug Henwood Enviada em: sábado, 11 de outubro de 2003 14:19 Para: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Assunto: Re: RES: [lbo-talk] Henwood: Collapse in Cancun

I don't see why rich countries should "defend their own agriculture." They're doing plenty of that already, and vast, non-nourishing, deflation-inducing surpluses are the result.

-For strategic reasons they can´t afford their agriculture being ruined -by cheap 3rd world products. I don´t like the subsidies, but I doubt -they will be ever lifted. And if the lifting of their subsidies is -conditioned to continued openess of third world countries to imports -and foreign investment from rich countries, then I would say it is -a very bad settlement to us.

Alexandre Fenelon