[lbo-talk] Re: sex fiend nazi runs california dept.

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Oct 11 12:32:16 PDT 2003

frank scott wrote:

>this is the attitude that led people on the "left" to throw their votes
>away on bustamonte and give camejo barely 3% , while the right winger
>mclintock got anywhere from four to five times as many votes...

I'm not sure I buy that. If the Calif electorate were really in some kind of proto-revolutionary mood, why didn't Camejo or Huffington attract more votes? With the yes/no option followed by such a huge field, the usual binary lesser evilism logic didn't really apply. Camejo and Huffington were in the debates, no? Neither is an unknown figure. Why did the anger find so much of its expression in Arnie? Is it because the leading angry demographic was above-median white nativist men?

Doug