[lbo-talk] Re: Black music makes history

dave dorkin ddorkin1 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 12 10:43:33 PDT 2003

I am a jazz musician and a lot of people disagree with you including myself and just about every musician I know.

We look to people like Allan Holdsworth, Keith Jarrett, Wayne Krantz, Dave Liebman, Richie Beirach, Louis Winsberg, Chick Corea, Wayne Shorter, Mike Brecker, John McLaughlin, Scott Henderson, Ralph Towner, Pat Metheny and many others. They are not as much a part of big media and jazz was and that is the main difference.

--- andie nachgeborenen
> Jazz: there is a lot of good stuff done at a very
> high level of technical competence, but the last
creative giant in jazz was John Coltrane, and he has been dead> for 35 years. And let me tell you that among people who are as into jazz as I am, someone working at that level would be known _instantly._