[lbo-talk] Re: Black music makes history

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 12 12:30:01 PDT 2003

Well, I know and respect all these people, and listen to most of them whem whenever I can, and I note you have left off a lot of people whom I'd include as wonderful contemporary musicians, such as David Murray and James Carter and Joe Lovano and Charles Gayle (just a few, but of course you couldn't list everyone). But I don't believe that most jazz people would put any of these people in the same league with Coltrane or Parker or Ellington or Armstrong. I actually don't believe that you do. If you do, well, you and I disagree about whether there is a falling off (or an efflorescence) that needs explanation.

jks