[lbo-talk] Re: Black music makes history

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Sun Oct 12 14:02:22 PDT 2003

On Saturday, October 11, 2003, at 11:49 PM, Justin wrote:

> So, I don't buy it. We are in a trough. I think thsi
> is quite general -- classical music is dead,
> literature is snoozing, visual art is spotty,
> philosophy is living off capital, etc.

Well, I don't buy your judgments about classical music and literature, at least. But these are all personal aesthetic judgments that we could argue about till the moo-moos come home.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A sympathetic Scot summed it all up very neatly in the remark, 'You should make a point of trying every experience once, excepting incest and folk-dancing.' -- Sir Arnold Bax