[lbo-talk] Myth Making on Schwarzenegger's victory

Gregory Geboski greg at mail.unionwebservices.com
Mon Oct 13 09:07:47 PDT 2003

Thank you. Yes, I noted the Wash Post results were for the recall only. I hadn't seen these.

Does anyone know the reason for the big numerical discrepancy between the Wash Post and the LA Times over the Democratic and "independent" affiliation identifications? I assume it has to do with how those were defined.

Note that there was in fact a large gender gap on the Schwarzenegger vote. I am not convinced he would have been elected in a straight gubernatorial race. These results pinpoint the organizational skill of the Republicans, both in forcing the recall and in getting a disciplined vote out to the polls.

No, I do not believe those self-serving stories about how the national Republican Party and the White House feared the recall vote and "stayed out."

---------- Original Message ---------------------------------- From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> Reply-To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 10:01:27 -0400