[lbo-talk] Re: recall, camejo vote

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 14 11:16:32 PDT 2003

Election fraud is as old as democracy itself and Democrats have in fact been better at it than Republicans - e.g. the Daley machine in Chicago. The statement below about corporate interests viewing the democratic process as a pesky formaility which they will manipulate as necessary is not necessarily a 'right-wing-conspiracist' view. It should be unecessary to include the link below, but I post this to remind you that the view that elections are routinely subverted to corporate interests is a left-wing staple in case you haven't noticed. If some right-wingers see things the same way, all the better.

Joe W.

http://free.freespeech.org/americanstateterrorism/plutocracy/MarketElections.html

Market Elections: How “Democracy” Serves the Rich by Vince Copeland World View Forum; ISBN 0-89567-134-4
> From leftbooks.com:
Every four years, big money chooses the presidential candidates. Their war chests filled to the brim, they are then packaged by the media as "the people's choice." It's U.S.-style "democracy" — of the rich, by the rich and for the rich. But how do these chosen politicians win the votes of the millions as well as the millionaires? In this fascinating tour through the history of U.S. presidential elections, Vince Copeland explains the devious art of capitalist politics. And he shows how mass movements can upset even the best-laid plans of the "king-makers." Who has been excluded from voting? How were electoral politics used to betray Black freedom after the Civil War? How did two Roosevelts wield reform at home to facilitate empire-building abroad? Why did no 'normal' elections take place between 1960 and 1976? Market Elections takes us into smoke filled rooms and raucous conventions to tell the story.