[lbo-talk] Re: recall, camejo vote

Chip Berlet cberlet at igc.org
Tue Oct 14 12:15:53 PDT 2003

Hi,

Let me try simpler declarative sentences.

I agree that the election in 2000 was stolen through a variety of means.

I do not believe all progressives are conspiracy theorists.

I believe that evidence is not "out there" but can be found through substantive research.

When evidence exists, it is a bad idea to spread claims for which there is no evidence.

Just because a writer makes claims that fit your already exisiting notions, does not mean that writer has actually presented evidence.

Credulous people who believe every anti-government allegation are not progressives, but are marching down the road toward right-wing populism and perhaps even fascism.

This is a bad idea.

When I see it, I criticize it.

Hannah Arendt once commented that fascism involved a dangerous confluence of cynicism and credulity.

I like Arendt's work.

Progressives should read her work more often.

-Chip