[lbo-talk] Lind

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 14 14:24:46 PDT 2003

Since Alex Cockburn is not here to speak for himself I will offer this article to contextualize his seemingly counter-intuitive alignment with people like Lind - an alignment I do not necessarily find objectionable.

Joe W.

http://www.counterpunch.org/leftlibertarian.html

25 Years After Vietnam: Beyond Left and Right By Alexander Cockburn

I got an invitation to speak a couple of months ago from an outfit called antiwar.com, which is run by a young fellow called Justin Raimundo. "Antiwar.com is having its second annual national conference March 24 & 25, and we'd like you to be the luncheon speaker," Raimundo wrote. "The conference will be held at the Villa Hotel, in San Mateo (near the airport). The theme of the conference is 'Beyond Left & Right: The New Face of the Antiwar Movement.' We have invited a number of speakers spanning the political spectrum. Confirmed so far: Patrick J. Buchanan, Tom Fleming (of Chronicles magazine), Justin Raimondo (Antiwar.com), Kathy Kelly (Iraq Aid), Alan Bock (Orange County Register), Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas), representatives of the Serbian Unity Congress, and a host of others."