[lbo-talk] Lind

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Tue Oct 14 15:49:09 PDT 2003

Re: Serbian Unity Congress and others of that ilk. http://www.haverford.edu/relg/sells/reports/muttamericabelgrade.htm "Mutt" America, The Religio-Racist Right, and Genocide in the Balkans SUC members gave Brian Becker of IAC/ANSWER/WWP checks for $10K during the wars in Bosnia. Same folks who had fundraisers for Buchanan.

That conference was as craven an example of , "tailing, " to use Trot jargon, by leftists who attended in a Right Opportunist, nationalist fashion, as when Norman Thomas and Earl Browder sat w/ fascist symp (see the new book on Henry Ford and Lindbergh) Charles Lindbergh on dais of the Keep America Out Of War Committee, w/ such dubious charcters as anti-semite Elizabeth Dilling (a source for Pat Robertson in his screeds on the NWO, as exposed by the other Lind, Michael in the NYRB) cheering them on, in the period just before the US entered WWII.

Not, that I don't think as Dwight Macdonald during the war and others since (blanking on the name and author of a recent book Zinn blurbed contesting the history and morality of, "The Good War" and a book I just started, Century of War, " by Gabriel Kolko will provide much more to chew on, but, given the truly horrific menace of Hitlerite Fascism, presents a simple picture, but these Right-Left coalitions always give us the smelly end of the stick. Michael Pugliese channelling Charles Brown right after June 22, 1941. P.S. Wanzala, read the Right Woos Left doc by Chip. I know you know of it 'cuz Chip and Doug and I were on that wacky freepacifica list a while back w/ you and that truly kwazy Ken freeland figure that was exposed on the UfPJ lists as a Holocaust Denier using the IHR/JHR crap.

http://www.haverford.edu/relg/sells/reports/muttamericabelgrade.htm Mutt" America, The Religio-Racist Right, and Genocide in the Balkans by Michael Sells, who has a new book contesting the Clash of Civilizations kulturkampf of Sam, "Strategic Hamlet, " Huntington