[lbo-talk] Re: Black Music makes History (and a little bit on Faulkner)

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Wed Oct 15 08:09:21 PDT 2003

> Some US-ers - those
> who are "enjoying their groove" as well as those who lock doors and
> windows when they see dark faces in the street - use their cars to lock
> themselves in a bubble that separates them from others. Other US-ers -
> such as those who buy menacingly looking SUVs, drive them aggressively,
> cut people off, turn on high beams, or take two parking spaces - use
> their cars as the means of intimidating and denigrating other people.

> Wojtek

I'm with Woj here. Michigan, esp the part I live in, not only has the worst drivers I've ever encountered (that includes Boston), but some of the most obnoxious people I've seen behind the wheel. Selfish, greedy midwesterners who don't give a fuck for anyone but themselves, cutting people off and so on, driving big gas-eaters while chatting on their cells, pigs who seem to think that bottomless consumption of all things is the True Road to Freedom. There are days, and this one of them, when I fear that average Americans will go down with the imperial ship rather than get off their fat asses to challenge the crooks who steer it.

DP