[lbo-talk] RE. ] Cheney hasn't helped Halliburton

npchilds at shaw.ca npchilds at shaw.ca
Wed Oct 15 10:51:10 PDT 2003

>Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 08:13:20 -0700
>Subject: [lbo-talk] Cheney hasn't helped Halliburton

>"Here is a strange fact about the well-connected company: Dick Cheney
>hasn't helped it. ...
>http://slate.msn.com/id/2089811/

Not strange at all, I don't think the issue is that Cheney or others in the WH will enrich Halliburton shareholders as much as it was that Cheney and other bloated parasites will get rich(er) through executive bonuses and inflated board salaries, paid as gratitude for getting Halliburton preferential access to big projects, like say, Iraq.

If the stock price did well as a collateral benefit, so much the better. But the goal here is cash *now* for those at the top. Lets face it, Cheney is a walking advertisement for bypass surgery (4 of 'em at last count?) and the terminal pleasures of American diet and lifestyle. I don't think he's remotely interested in the long term value of a stock.

As a related issue, does anyone know how did Bechtel do over the 1980-1992 period when half the Reagan/Bush/Quayle cabinet and the WH political staff were affiliated with that firm?

NPC

N P Childs

'I'm Mister Bad Example, the stranger in the dirt, I like to have a good time and I don't care who gets hurt'.

-Mr. Bad Example, W Zevon