[lbo-talk] Re: recall, camejo vote

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Oct 16 06:44:47 PDT 2003

Michael Pollak wrote:

>On Tue, 14 Oct 2003, Doug Henwood wrote:
>
>> The Hitler stuff comes from Arnie himself - how he admires the guy, etc.
>
>To be fair to Arnie, that Hitler quote thing seems to have been a smear
>job. The original quote from the shelved book proposal seems to have run:

First of all, Arnie bought up the outtakes from the movie, so we'll never see what other delights fell to the cutting room floor. But the point isn't that he's a "Nazi" in any literal sense - it's his admiration of the Strong Leader and his contempt for democracy and the masses (most people, says Arnie, should be told what to do). It's authoritarian and very creepy.

Doug