[lbo-talk] Moore/Clark: The Bigger ?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Oct 17 12:53:23 PDT 2003

Michael Dawson -PSU wrote:

>Meanwhile, the bigger question is: Do we buy Moore's/the Democrats'
>anybody-but-Bush line? Personally, as a member of the Pacific Green
>Party here in Oregon, I'm heavily inclined to disagree and continue
>to vote Green. Can anybody here change my mind on this? Do you
>really think Howard Dean -- he of the Dean-Witter empire -- will
>change anything? I don't.

I do. Marginally better in policy terms, but a much better environment for radical organizing than when a Republican is in the WH. With a Dem there, it's much better for Greens, who can ask more plausibly, "Has anything significant really changed?" With a Rep in the WH, all anyone can talk about is getting rid of him.

Doug