[lbo-talk] Moore/Clark: The Bigger ?

Michael Dawson mdawson at pdx.edu
Fri Oct 17 17:55:26 PDT 2003

I'm cogitating Doug's point about people only wanting to get rid of Republicans. Isn't it also true that when Demos have the White House, all they want to do is keep them there, no matter how awful?

What's the answer to that?

Meanwhile, I belong to the AFL-CIO, and have spent lots of time on my state council. Barring a huge internal revolt, it'll be a very cold day before that organization rocks the boat. The Sweeney administration has only deepened the submission to the powers that be. Stone cold fact.

----- Original Message ----- From: <dredmond at efn.org> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Friday, October 17, 2003 2:29 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Moore/Clark: The Bigger ?

> Quoting Nathan Newman <nathanne at nathannewman.org>:
>
> > And look at how Gephardt, Dean, Edwards, Kerry and on are talking about
> > massive labor law reform.
>
> It's not about expecting anything from the Dems. They did virtually
nothing
> when they controlled the Presidency and both houses, and they've been
> shockingly ineffective in resisting the Will of the Morgul-king.
>
> The unions will have to take a page from Aragorn's book, and tread the
Paths of
> the Dead: confront their own Cold War ghosts, reforge the Elvish (read:
French)