[lbo-talk] NPR ombud: Gross unfair to O'Reilly

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Oct 20 09:58:54 PDT 2003

Doug Henwood wrote:

> [further evidence that NPR sucks]

We really need to do everything we can to bring O'Reilly down. This should be a priority for the left wing right now. He's very clever in his manipulation of his zombie followers. The NPR ombud did O'Reilly a great service by suggesting that Terry Gross stepped over the line by deviating from her usual arsenal of softball questions. O'Reilly is playing NPR for personal gain.

On the Bookdocks censorship thing: We got the complete strip last week out here in the Kansas City Star. This suggests that the Post was more worried about losing *access* to the Bush Outhouse than they are about offensiveness. Let me propose the theory that they pulled the strip because they fear that Bob Woodward would lose access to the Outhouse and would be deprived of earning his living from fawning books about powerful people.

<< Chuck0 >>

Homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Monumental Mistake (blog)-> http://chuck.mahost.org/weblog/index.php Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ MutualAid ISP -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Infoshop Portal -> http://portal.infoshop.org/ Infoshop Science -> http://science.infoshop.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)