[lbo-talk] 'Democrazy'

Christian Gregory christian11 at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 20 13:42:07 PDT 2003

There's a big difference between Roy and Treanor. Roy says that democracy has been used in such a way as to render the term meaningless--which implies there are ways to use it that don't do that. (Hence, her criticism of the Bushies for NOT listening to the demos.) Treanor says that democracy in essence is vapid, homogenizing, etc. which, even if true, is meaningless at this point, since there is no way to just step out of it, even if we wanted to.

Christian