[lbo-talk] O'Reilly whines

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Mon Oct 20 17:10:22 PDT 2003

On Monday, October 20, 2003, at 12:19 PM, Doug Henwood quoted the Great O'Reilly:

> In the past decade, only two people have had three No. 1 nonfiction
> best sellers on the Times list: Washington Post reporter Bob Woodward
> and your humble correspondent. Yet somehow the Times has not gotten
> around to reviewing any of my books, while tomes by the liberal
> "satirists" are given major exposure.

When you've gotten to the point that you're writhing around on the floor groaning at the top of your lungs with pain because the Times Book Review isn't paying attention to you, it's time to hang it up, pal.

First you were dealt a mortal blow by Terry Gross -- a really vicious killer, she -- and now you're not getting beaten up by NY Times reviewers. Is there no end to your misery?

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A sympathetic Scot summed it all up very neatly in the remark, 'You should make a point of trying every experience once, excepting incest and folk-dancing.' -- Sir Arnold Bax