[lbo-talk] O'Reilly whines

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Mon Oct 20 20:36:52 PDT 2003

> When you've gotten to the point that you're writhing around on the
> floor groaning at the top of your lungs with pain because the Times
> Book Review isn't paying attention to you, it's time to hang it up, pal.
>
> First you were dealt a mortal blow by Terry Gross -- a really vicious
> killer, she -- and now you're not getting beaten up by NY Times
> reviewers. Is there no end to your misery?
>
> Jon Johanning

You'd think that a tough guy like O'R couldn't care less if the Times ignored him. Typical Lib Media, right? Besides, if he's at the top of the charts, why does he need a review? Apparently his book is selling. I know a number of authors (myself included) who would take that trade-off in a second.

Billy wants attention. He wants to be Taken Seriously. He's an insecure wreck, and this fuels the nightly televised meltdown that so many viewers appear to find either edifying or simply entertaining.

DP