[lbo-talk] RE: Film Notes

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Wed Oct 22 11:09:58 PDT 2003

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Luke Weiger wrote:

> [...]

Man, I thought Justin just went over this. If by "human nature" you mean some biological or genetic imperative, Luke and Woj's claim here is nonsensical. One more time: any genetic or biological factors must be expressed in an environmental context. There is no way to "strip away" the environment to assess the pure, isolated genetic effect. Thus to make the claim that X is "natural" or "inevitable", independent of environmental conditions, demonstrates a (willful?) ignorance of what has been learned about genetics and biology.

Miles