[lbo-talk] re: numbers estimates and sour grapes

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Oct 26 16:35:29 PST 2003

Jim Farmelant wrote:

> I get the suspicion that Chuck would rather see the
> antiwar movement fail than for groups like ANSWER
> and IAC to ever be given credit for having done anything
> right.

Nope. I'd like to see the anti-war movement succeed, which is why I have gone out on a limb in being an outspoken movement critic of ANSWER. Yesterday's protest was little different than the IAC's June 1999 protest against the Balkans War. Remember that one and how it stopped the war? Oh wait, the war had ended the day before!

The anti-war movement is going to spin it's wheels as long as it just goes along with ANSWER's agenda and doesn't come up with a proactive long-term campaign that involves many tactics and is democratic. ANSWER needs to be chucked overboard. Do I want to see ANSWER fail? Absolutely!

<< Chuck0 >>

Homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Monumental Mistake (blog)-> http://chuck.mahost.org/weblog/index.php Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ MutualAid ISP -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Infoshop Portal -> http://portal.infoshop.org/ Infoshop Science -> http://science.infoshop.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)