[lbo-talk] Re: Film notes

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 26 20:08:17 PST 2003

Some things that are hard and even involve a certain amount of tedious grinding are fun on balance. One of the most fun things I ever was involved in was helping to coordinate a Nuclear Weapons Free Zone campaign in Ann Arbor in the 1980s -- a year of tough, unremitting, 80 hour weeks, fundraising, signature gathering, door-knocking, fighting the city and the professional electoral hoods the University brought in to crush us -- we got hammered, too, lost 2-1. But it was a balst and I wouldn't have done otherwise for anything. Of course, I also enjoyed writing a dissertation and going through law school, so I'm no measure for anyone else. jks