[lbo-talk] Re: Film notes

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Oct 27 14:14:54 PST 2003

jeffrey fisher wrote:

>quite. this brings us back to the diffficulty of getting people to,
>uh, sign up for all that thankless, arduous work, that is so often
>pursued so joylessly . . . not even just angrily, but without any
>sense of joy.

It takes a special kind of personality for that - people who take some kind of pleasure in their very lack of pleasure, in their endless sacrifice on behalf of The Movement. I suppose we need people like that, but I wouldn't want to be one, nor would I like to spend much time around one, nor can I imagine how you can sign up more than a handful of joyless neurotics for the task.

Doug