[lbo-talk] Winning the GWB dead pool

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Thu Oct 30 00:29:21 PST 2003

...``The opposition, the terrorist groups, the Baathists read our media and read our public opinion polls, and are trying to play to the country's opinion,'' he said. Brownback even said U.S. adversaries were using attacks to drive down support for Bush....

------

You don't say. Why those dirty rotten bastards. I stand one hundred percent with my President when I say, ``Bring It On!''

Let's see now. There is no road to victory since we already won. But there is no retreat and no withdrawal either. No going foreword and no going back. Just sit and sink. Sounds like the Q word.

I think it's time to start the George W. Bush Dead Pool count down.

Bush can remain in office, stay alive politically with one dead US soldier every day.

How about two? Sure Bush can live with that. How about five? Bush can live with five a day. There are probably already five a day, but four are buying the ranch in Germany so they don't count. How about eight to ten? Yeah that's getting iffy. But Bush might survive on eight a day, but not for very long.

How about twenty? Forget it. Even if we disappear half of them in Germany or sneaked them back in cold storage for delayed release, that still leaves about ten a day. Besides at ten a day, there won't be enough Lehrer News Hour time at the end of the week to cover all those silent moments.

So, I am betting on some where around eight, which means fifty a week. Near fifty is probably the magic number for winning the George W. Bush Dead Pool.

Chuck Grimes