[lbo-talk] Noam & Fidel

Brian Siano siano at mail.med.upenn.edu
Thu Oct 30 08:38:36 PST 2003

Dennis Perrin wrote:

> Wait till Horowitz gets a hold of the photo in this story!
>
> <http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=584&e=3&u=/nm/20031030/pl_nm/cuba_usa_chomsky_dc
> <http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=584&e=3&u=/nm/20031030/pl_nm/cuba_usa_chomsky_dc>>
>
> DP

Too bad there wasn't more detail about the last two paragraphs:

Chomsky praised Cuba's defiance of U.S. hostility and trade sanctions for four decades. But he also criticized the jailing of 75 Cuban dissidents earlier this year by Castro's government.

"Yes, I have criticized them for that," he said in an interview on August 28 with Radio Havana. "I think it was a mistake."

Couldn't imagine Chomsky going to Cuba and _not_ denouncing abuses of power there, too. That's our Noam!