[lbo-talk] U.S. Economy Grew 7.2% in 3Q, Fastest Pace in 20 Years

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Thu Oct 30 09:34:19 PST 2003

Oh really?

http://www.epinet.org/content.cfm/webfeatures_econindicators_gdppict

It is a sustainable trend, one which should prompt those of who have been anticipating a long period of economic stagnation to reconsider our analysis.

Here is another indicator that shows how strong the economic recovery is proceeding: My father works for one of the largest national trucking/shipping companies. He told me the other day that his company experienced the strongest third quarter that the company has seen in 17 years. This means that manufacturers are shipping lots of product. He tells me that this indicator is usually a good indicator of what will happen in the general economy in six months to a year.

And on the employment front, I've noticed a big increase in the number of jobs being advertised in the past month.

<< Chuck0 >>

Homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Monumental Mistake (blog)-> http://chuck.mahost.org/weblog/index.php Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ MutualAid ISP -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Infoshop Portal -> http://portal.infoshop.org/ Infoshop Science -> http://science.infoshop.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)