[lbo-talk] Re: HOW THE ANTI-WAR MOVEMENT IS BLOWING IT: REVISITED

Alexander Nekvasil a8504902 at unet.univie.ac.at
Fri Oct 31 14:56:54 PST 2003

Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> writes:

> Well, Zizek is among the single-taxers and followers
> of Madame Blatavsky. Mao said it perfectly, "If you
> don't hit it, it won't fall." Capitalism is a
> phoenix; it constantly destroys itself in the process
> of reproducing itself. I don't think any serous
> leftist would believe such glop as the automatic
> dissolution of capitalism. (I believe in the first
> quarter of the 20th c. there were some serious
> arguments along this line, but not since then.)

There is a vocal group in Germany currently arguing along these lines, the Krisis Group, aka "apocalytical marxists". Robert Kurz is the most famous of them.

Thesis: Capital has become unable to exploit because of the microelectronic revolution which unlike older advances in technology has a negative job record. This state of affairs is dissumlated by inflation of ficitious capital. But the day of reckoning will come.

Website: <http://www.krisis.org> (Some material is available in English.)

cheers AN