[lbo-talk] *Materialism and Empirio-Criticism*

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Mon Sep 1 09:58:46 PDT 2003

On Sunday, August 31, 2003, at 02:03 PM, Miles Jackson wrote:

> There is no necessary connection between doing science and
> being a "scientific realist" (Reichenbach).

Well, I'm not a scientist, but I think I would find it rather hard to work on, say, quarks, day after day and not think that they were real. I don't think many scientists think that what they are studying are figments of their own imaginations.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org _______________________________ "For the world is not to be narrowed till it will go into the understanding (which has been done hitherto), but the understanding is to be expanded and opened until it can take in the image of the world." -- Francis Bacon