[lbo-talk] Chomsky on Foucault

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 2 00:12:10 PDT 2003

As for Baudrillard, I read him about fifteen years ago at the insistence of some acquaintances. And I ws utterly shocked that these people would think that this derivative, empty _drivel_ could be considered profound. I had the feeling that his conception of America was an amalgam of 1950's era advertisement styles, at best-- it was like reading those dopey architectural manifestoes that pushed the reps of Le Corbusier and Mies Van der Rohe.

--- BTW, the book America is quite popular among the Russian intelligentsia. The Russian translation has a long preface applying the analysis to Russia.

Pomo is quite the big thing here (it's called "conceptualism" here). People deconstruct KPSS texts.

Pretty silly.

_________________________________________________________________ Get MSN 8 and enjoy automatic e-mail virus protection. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus