[lbo-talk] 77% of Americans support the cretinous judge

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Tue Sep 2 20:41:32 PDT 2003

I think Nathan's got it right. The village-atheist tone of some of these posts is getting a bit shrill. Remember that the form of Christianity espoused by, say, Tom Delay (an heretical form, I'd say) is held by only a minority of US Christians. Others take quite different positions, as is noted by (of all people) Noam Chomsky -- who thinks that all God-talk is incoherent, but points out, e.g., that Christian churches and church groups were far more active than the soi-disant Left in opposing the Reagan wars in Latin America. --CGE