[lbo-talk] 77% of Americans support the cretinous judge

kjkhoo at softhome.net kjkhoo at softhome.net
Tue Sep 2 21:29:25 PDT 2003

C. G. Estabrook wrote:
>Remember that the form of Christianity
>espoused by, say, Tom Delay (an heretical form, I'd say) is held by only a
>minority of US Christians. Others take quite different positions, as is
>noted by (of all people) Noam Chomsky -- who thinks that all God-talk is
>incoherent, but points out, e.g., that Christian churches and church
>groups were far more active than the soi-disant Left in opposing the
>Reagan wars in Latin America. --CGE

Seeking information --

What are the percentages adhering to the different churches, in particular, the established churches as compared to the various evangelical organisations?

The little I know seems to suggest that the established churches are diminishing in size while the various evangelical organisations are growing, and not only in the US, but world-wide. Is that a mistaken impression?