[lbo-talk] 77% of Americans support the cretinous judge

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 3 07:13:07 PDT 2003

>From: "Maria Gilmore" <mgilmore at bigzoo.net>

>Hey, Chuck, in you I meet another "raised as fundie Lutheran", like my main
>sqeeze of many years was. People tend to overlook the Lutherans, because
>they like to be quiet as compared to the evangelicals, but it's a stern
>faith. "Lutheran guilt" is as fierce as "Catholic guilt" or "Jewish guilt"
>when it exists. And no drinkin', no dancin', no playin' cards...they play
>rough

Always thought that was odd, considering that Luther himself was a boozer. What's that great line: "I wrote this sermon drunk, but a Christian drunk writes better than a papist sober!"

In the Tischrede, he is also recorded as having said that one of the best ways to drive off the devil was to fuck his wife.

_________________________________________________________________ Get MSN 8 and enjoy automatic e-mail virus protection. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus